Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Episode IV: A New Blog

Yes, it's that time again. No, I don't mean time for nerdy jokes in blog titles, it's always time for that. But it is time for a new blog. In keeping with the title of this post, it is vaguely possible that it is the fourth, I'm not too sure about that.

So what occasions a new blog? Deciding to run for the CSM. When looking at the application screen when I was first deciding if I really wanted to run or not, I noticed it had a place to submit the URL for your campaign website. While I thought that perhaps a full-fledged campaign site for an election that is essentially taking place in an internet game might be a bit too meta, it did seem like a good idea to have a place aside from a forum thread where I could present my message to voters. So, like a good CSM candidate, I researched the issue and found -- ah! some of the other candidates and current reps have blogs! How perfect! Blogs are the hip thing on the internet these days, if I am to be anyone, I must have one myself!

So here I am, shiny new blog in hand (metaphorically). In it, I shall talk about running for the CSM, why I decided to do so, what I'll do if elected, and, if elected, what I actually end up doing once elected (and then when what I promised and what I do differ, I shall edit the posts with my promises. Mwhaha).

No comments: